Advanced Management Program
to meet in
Date: 07 – 13 July, 2012
Penang has one of the largest industrial and technology hubs in Asia and is known as the Silicon Valley of the East. It has also been granted the status of Multimedia Super Corridor. Its capital, George Town was successfully listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site in March 2008 where participants could appreciate and find the opportunity to see the heritage sites.
EDS International Professional Advanced Management Program includes the following activities:
07 July: 09am – 10am, Opening Ceremony and Group Photo taking
10am – 05pm, Seminar on Talent Management via
Strategic Talent Acquisition
06pm – 09pm, EDS Welcome Dinner
08 July: 08am – 05pm, Seminar on Talent Management via
Strategic Talent Retention
07pm – 10pm: Evening outing, visit Queensbay Mall,
Penang’s largest shopping mall
09 July: 09am – 05pm, Seminar on Developing Leadership &
Organizational Behavior (Part 1)
07pm – 09pm: Assignment Counseling Session and
Enquiries on EDS Programs
10 July: 09am – 05pm, Seminar on Organizational Behavior
11 July: 09am – 04pm, Field Study and Penang Heritage City Tour
12 July: 10am – 05pm, Seminar on Mastering Strategic
Management Skills (Part 1)
13 July: 10am – 05pm, Seminar on Mastering Strategic
Management Skills (Part 2)
05pm – 06pm, Closing Ceremony
EDS BUSINESS SCHOOL has consolidated the essentials of business knowledge and latest management practices; and put them together in this tremendously vital, interactive and unique Professional Management Seminar Series for local and international participants through residential studies in Penang, Malaysia.
The EDS Professional Advanced Management Program (PAMP) not only covers the key areas of business through a series of contemporary business and advanced management seminars, but it also includes a field study of the Penang Heritage City tour and also a Welcoming cum Networking Dinner for all our residential participants.
Our training workshops include: Seminar on Talent Management via Strategic Talent Acquisition and Retention; Seminar on Developing Leadership and Organizational Behavior and Seminar on Mastering Strategic Management Skills.
Can you be an effective manager or continue to do business without the critical skills necessary for success? This exclusive program will provide you with the fundamentals of business—practical skills you can use immediately in the "real world". The essentials of managing a business have been condensed into this 6-day PAMP Program.
On successful completion of this program, course members will be able to:
• To build a strong foundation in management, strategy positioning
and leadership to build a world class company,
• To learn how to align the business functions with long-term
• To learn how to manage business performance,
• To understand the role of effective financial management to
ensure a successful organization,
• To learn how to manage business projects more efficiently and
• To learn how to forecast costs and expenses accurately and
delegate staff to maximize resources.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This PAMP program is specifically targeted for those:
1. Working executives interested in building or refreshing critical business and management skills.
2. Entrepreneurs and business owners who need to understand and apply essential strategic business concepts.
3. Technical professionals making a transition into management positions.
4. A professionals whose training did not include business preparation (e.g., physicians, attorneys, non-profit executives and business persons who completed studies in another academic field/specialization).
5. Participants completing elements of the EDS Professional PAMP Program earn credits applicable toward the MBA and PhD in Management offered by Ifugao State University, Philippines and Akamai University, USA.
EDS PMP PROGRAM FEE
SEMINAR FEES are “FREE”
Participants need to pay US$690 to cover the following expenses:
• 9 days and 8 nights of hotel accommodation in twin-sharing at
• Breakfast and lunch during the tutorial seminar session,
• Transport provided to and fro Penang Airport for participants,
• Welcome dinner, • Field study - Penang Heritage City Tour,
• Lectures guide, training materials, and stationery,
• Certificate of Participation,
• EDS administrative and support fees.
Spouse Are Welcome
Participant need to pay additional US$380 to cover the following expenses for spouse:
• Sharing room with spouse for 9 days and 8 night at B-Suite Hotel,
• Breakfast and lunch,
• Transport provided to and fro Penang Airport for spouse,
• Welcoming dinner and fellowship night,
• Field study and Penang Heritage City Tour
EDS CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
EDS PROFESSIONAL ADVANCED MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The EDS Professional Advanced Management Program is consisting of the following:
(Facilitated by: Prof. Dr. Lee Karling)
Sat & Sun, 07 – 08 July 2012
2 Days Advanced Seminar on
Talent Management via Strategic Talent Acquisition and Retention
Many organizations are still unprepared to invest (financially, generally, but also mentally) in activities that are necessary to nurture and groom these top performers to go beyond their limitations. Some organizations opined that just merely pumping in money to buy talent would be adequate, and go into shock when the talents purchased falls flat on expectations!
What went wrong?
This workshop will provide information and strategies required to attract, build, retain, and enhance existing talent to move them to a higher level so to ensure continuous performance at the highest possible level. However, it MUST be understood that talent management is NOT the sole responsibility of HR, but, for Talent management to be effective, ALL line management must be held accountable.
Delivery Methodologies: Lecture, group discussions, hands-on analyses
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
1. Provide information on what talent management is and the
reasons for organizations to focus on talent management
2. Know the areas required for effective talent management
3. Have In-depth awareness, knowledge, and understanding of the
strategies available for ensuring effective talent management
based on the key areas
4. Appreciate the value and importance of employer branding in
winning the war for talent
Mon & Tue: 9 – 10 July 2012
2 Days Advanced Seminar on
Leadership and Organizational Behavior
(Facilitated by: Prof. Dr. Serafin Ngohayon)
Human resources comprise the most important element of an organization since it is the people within that make the organization run, perform and achieve its goals. The increase or loss of capital resources, the maximum utilization or destruction of the equipments or material resources and the maximum use or disuse of technology are all dependent on the people managing/ handling them. The direction of the organization is determined and delivered by the navigators of the organization- the people assets.
Hence, the task of the leader/manager is to harness the potential of each and every member of the organization, to elicit dedication and commitment among them, and to guide or lead them to desired goals. The direct relation of employee performance and motivation has well been proven, as seen when well-motivated employees bring the organization to success while the reverse, its doom. To emerging leaders, the knowledge, understanding and the implementation of the dynamics of human behavior will ensure the success of an organization, business or even personal undertakings.
This course covers the entire dynamics of human behavior in organization. Specifically, it will tackle how human behaviors are formed, exhibited and how they impact on the overall performance of an organization as it strives to reach its desired state. Employee motivation, theories and models of motivation will be discussed vis-à-vis the organization’s development direction. Leadership and supervisory behavior will be expounded as the main catalyst of an organization’s development. Organizational Development as a holistic tool of instituting development initiatives in an organization by harnessing the behavior of people will be highlighted to challenge students, leaders and would be leaders to give importance on human behavior in organization.
At the end of the course, the students should have:
1. Gained a deeper and wider understanding on the dynamics of
human behavior in organizations;
2. Known and internalized how human behavior in organizations are
shaped and influenced by the factors within the organization and
3. Improved their knowledge, skills and competence as leaders
Human resources comprise the most important element of an
organization since it is the people within that make the
organization run, perform and achieve its goals.
2 Days Advanced Seminar on
Developing Strategic Management Skills for Competitive Advantage(Facilitated by: Prof. Dr. Premkumar)
• To re-define an organization vision in a world class vision.
• To develop an effective mission
• To establishing bench-marks
• To craft effective strategies to achieve it's objectives
of being a World Class Organization.
• To develope effective policies and plans
• To efficiently allocate it's resources.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS ON:
PAMP Program Brochure >>> Click Here
PAMP Program Registration Form >>> Click Here
For further information and registration, kindly contact our Official Representatives in your Country or EDS Head Office in Penang, Malaysia
EDS BUSINESS SCHOOL
We Teach The Future Today
48 Lorong Kurau 17, Chai Leng Park, 13700 Prai, Penang, Malaysia.
Tel: +604-398 4306, 390 1396 Fax : +604-390 9766
Prof. Dr. Nelson T. Binag,
EDS International Consultant (Philippines)
Tel: +639089583837 Email: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Ben Lee,
President and Founder (Malaysia)
Tel: +60164462200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org