Heartiest congratulation to Akamai University's Convocation on 6 December 2008 in Penang, Malaysia with graduands and guests from USA, Greece, Philippines, Vietnam, China, Taiwan and Malaysia.
We are glad to see so many happy and joyful faces during the graduation ceremony. This is a reflection of the sense of achievement and enthusiasm among our graduates, family and friends.
EDS Management Team would like to express our heartiest congratulations to all the graduands for having successfully completed their academic programs and being conferred with their respective degrees at this convocation.
Our congratulations also go to EDS lecturers whose guidance and support provided to the graduates throughout their course of study at Akamai University have borne fruits and deserve our heartfelt appreciation.
We are delighted to note that in recent year Akamai University has grown in stature and international recognition through tri-party collaboration and joint offer of masters and doctoral programs with numerous public universities in Philippines.
The Honorable Platform Guest standing up when the National Anthem is sung.
From left to right:
- Dr. Steve Hemes, President of Gulf Center for Universities Services, Greece
- Professor Dr. Cecilia N. Gascon, President of Southern Luzon State University, Philippines
- Professor Dr. Ricardo A. Wagan, President of Laguna State Polytechnic University, Philippines
- Professor Dr. Douglass L. Capogrossi, President of Akamai University, Hawaii, USA
- Professor Dr. Nelson T. Binag, President Emeritus of Sultan Kudarat State Polytechnic College, Philippines
- Dr. Ben Lee, President and Founder of EDS Asia Pacific, Malaysia
- Professor Dr. Teresita L. Salva, President of Palawan State University, Philippines
- Professor Dr. Antonio F. Gascon, College of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of the Philippines, Philippines
Honorable Professor Dr. Ricardo A. Wagan, a great mentor and longest serving university president in Philippines was the commencement speaker.
Akamai University's Honoris Causa Recipient, Dr. Roberto C. Licup, Sr. presenting momento to Professor Dr. Pete Ooi. Dr. Licup is Regional Chairman for the Filipino Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Chair of the Quezon Kidney Foundation in Quezon Province, Philippines.
Dr. Ben Lee, EDS President and Founder giving a "Thank You" speech to all the EDS Management Team and lecturers for providing excellence guidance and support to the graduates throughout their course of study at Akamai University.